Tuesday, April 28, 2009

All I want for Mother's day...

It is my first official Mother's Day and I feel like it's kind of a big deal! We carry these babies for 9 months, go through grueling labor and then we are the ones up late at night when the baby is crying! We deserve a special day, so I have certainly put some thought into what I would like to do to celebrate.

It would be amazing to spend a day in bed with Mimosas, Gossip Girl reruns and naps in between. But, since that probably isn't going to happen I would gladly accept any of the gifts listed below.

My husband does a wonderful job of picking out jewelry. One Christmas he gave me the most fabulous pair of earrings. They were gold circles with tiny gold chains linked in between and from them hung a pink feather. So unique and beautiful and I just loved them. Unfortunately, I have an affinity for losing just ONE earring. So, I was left with a singleton of this perfect accessory. The brand of the Earrings is Citrine By The Stones, and luckily they still have many beautiful things to choose from. I am coveting these Horn Earrings with gold shell accents. They are perfect for summer with a white dress and a beautiful tan! At $95 they aren't terribly expensive and I love the unique color and shape of them.


As a mom, I am a little bit camera happy. Poor little guy, always has a camera in his face. But, down the road I know I will be happy that I captured so many wonderful moments in his first year of life. Well, now there is another way you can capture all of your little ones laughs, milestones and precious moments. It is called the Flip Video Ultra , a pocket sized camcorder that holds 60 minutes worth of material. Small enough to fit in your purse or your husband's pocket, you can take it anywhere so that you will never miss an opportunity to record when your baby says his first word or takes his first steps! The best part...it's only $150 and it can upload video right onto your computer with a convenient USB port that is attached to the camera.


I have a handbag problem, there is no doubt about it. They never go out of style and they can make any outfit look good. I have also found that I don't really love carrying a baby bag. They are too big and often when I am with my baby I am just running a quick errand and I don't need that big of a tote. I just need something to throw a few toys, a burp cloth and possibly a diaper in. I came across this wonderful Tory Burch tote that has short straps as well as a long shoulder strap that is great for a mom who needs to be hands free! I am also obsessed with Orange-such a perfect pop of color for summer. It is not cheap, at $535, but can you put a price on being a great mom?!


I wish all the mom's out there a very Happy Mother's Day! May it be filled with peace and quiet and a little pampering.












































No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails