Wednesday, April 22, 2009

My current obsessions...

I have many loves of my life...my husband, my baby, and of course clothes and makeup! Here are a few things that are currently getting my motor running!


I am a huge lipgloss fan, and typically I am a Chanel girl. But, I was ready to try something new and I am glad that I did, because I came across Lancome's fabulous product!!! It is Lancome's Color Fever Plumper. The thing I love about it is the texture (smooth and not too sticky) and it's light enough to put over your favorite lipstick if you want to. It gives you a slight plumping/tingly sensation, but not like some of the other plumpers out there. The applicator is a flat sort of fan shape that makes it easy to apply and it doesn't go on clumpy. My favorite color is called "puckered" It is a super light pink with lots of sparkle. It's perfect for a mom like me when you are just running errands or going to the pool! At $25 it's not the cheapest gloss, but it's well worth the investment!

I was so pumped to find that Maxi dresses were back again this summer. I was pregnant all last summer and they were really my saving grace-both for fashion and comfort. Even though I am not prego, I still love a Maxi dress for those hot summer nights or to throw on for lunch and shopping with friends. My current obsession is Gypsy05's organic cotton maxi dress. They are super, super soft cotton and come in solids or some of their styles have slight tye-dye fabrications. They start at about $100, but they are really well made and you won't see every other girl wearing them (unelss you live in LA-they seem to be a celeb fave)! The only drawback-some of the styles are dry-clean only due to their dying process.

Well, you know I love myself an Olsen twin. Those girls know how to take basics and make them look great! So, you can only imagine my excitement when Ashley Olsen was photographed wearing my new fave, Alternative Apparel's burnout tank!!! At $32, this perfectly long, perfectly weathered looking tank is a must have for every stylish girl this summer. I find myself always going to this tank, whether it is with my skinny jeans or yoga pants it can look great casual or dressed up. They are super sexy and have just the right length so that they don't shrink up in the wash. My 3 favorite colors are washed black, white and mushroom. Perfect neutrals to match everything in your wardrobe! tip: Normally their tees run big, but I found the tanks ran small. I sized up to a medium, when I normally take a small.

My bargain pick of the week: Aveeno's skin brightening daily scrub. It is a super light exfoliator that smells wonderful and you can use it on a daily basis! I have tried other exfoliators, and sometimes I feel like I am scrubbing my skin off. This is super light and leaves your skin feeling soft and refreshed. At $7.49, this is a beauty bargain! Available at any drugstore























































































































































































































































































































































































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails