Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The Bigger, The Better

My sister-in-Law has twin girls and I used to laugh when I saw the beach tote she carried. It was big enough to carry both of her girls AND their beach stuff. Now that I have a child, I totally understand. If you are making a trip to the beach or pool, you need to come prepared. This means floaties, a water noodle, pails and shovels, snacks, change of clothes, cover-up, towels, suntan lotion...the list goes on and on! I don't always think that bigger is better, but in the case of a beach bag, I think it is! Here are some of my favorites:


Hable Construction makes this awesome "Picnic Tote", it would be great for that or just for your trips to the pool. It has 4 large outside pockets and the inside is wide and low which makes digging for your keys, cell phone or suntan lotion easy as pie!



You cannot pass up this over-sized Jute tote by Ballard Designs. A "House Beautiful" favorite, this bag is not only inexpensive ($29) but the monogramming is currently free! I love that it is made of Jute. This natural fabrication is super light-weight and totally beach (and kid) friendly. They have beautiful colors to choose from, and you can also specify the thread color for the monogramming.



You can't go wrong with the signature Boat and tote bag from L.L. Bean. They have been making this bag for years and it is truly the most durable and functional beach bag for your family. You can choose from a dozen accent colors, they can be monogrammed, AND, you can also specify if you want longer handles. It isn't the most gorgeous bag, but it will last for years and you won't worry if it gets spilled on or trashed by your little ones. The XL bag is $30...who doesn't love that?
I know, I know...this bag is not big, it's not functional, it's not cheap...but I had to throw it in there! It's a beautiful Ikat print, perfect for summer days and trips to the pool (without your kids, maybe?!) I would carry this bag every day...it's perfect! Oh, and right now it's on sale for $150 on Toryburch.com

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE big ol beach bags! I've been wanting an LL Bean one for a long time because they are so classic. Love that Tory Burch one though.

    PS-I received the skidnees last week and am loving them! Thanks again for the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love these bags! I'm not a mom **yet** but I have always gravitated towards bigger bags, and at times, I have bought the "diaper bag" version of a handbag just to have that extra room! Love the first bag especially :) XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I might need that beach tote! Come check out our Tolani scarf giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have several of the LL Bean bags because they are so durable -and like you said they are inexpensive so you won't be sad if they get dirty.

    Also, love the jute bags from Ballard Designs. I have been meaning to buy one of those for like 2 years now and you inspired me to do it tonight!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails