Thursday, June 4, 2009

Follow-Up Post: The look for less

My friend Veronica really loved my last post, especially the outfit that had the racerback tank. Unfortunately, she didn't want to shell out the $160 that it cost AND she thought it might be a little too young for her.

If I were close to 50, I would always think to myself...WWMPF...What would Michelle Pfeiffer do? She's classy and beautiful and always looks age appropriate. She was my inspiration when I put this next look together.

 I found some REALLY cute tanks that are bra friendly and that look great with the white skinny jeans I posted before. The best selection of tanks that were novel and well priced were at J.Crew. In the last 2 years they have really stepped up their style and diversity in their selection.  Both tops retail for under $80. If you are worried about arm coverage, a nice alternative to a cardigan is a linen scarf. My go-to scarves are from Love Quotes. They are not cheap-close to $80, but they are well worth it. I wear them with everything from dresses to tanks and jeans. It is a good accessory to invest in because of all the things you can put them with.

I wanted to find some accessories that were more reasonable and that would retail for under $50. I found sandals similar to the Loeffler Randall pair for less than $30! The handbag is a grey pleated clutch, which is a great color for summer and for fall, this beauty retails for only $42.  Forever 21 can have some great jewelry finds, these dangle earrings retail for $5.80!!!

It is easy to spend a lot of money on clothes, it is definitely more challenging to find the look for less. If you want me to scout something out for you, please comment below!

1 comment:

  1. I loooooooooooove Love Quotes scarves! And that clutch is adorable!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails