Thursday, September 24, 2009

My jewelry obsession continues...

Apparently I am not the only one who isn't inspired by the current fall fashion...even style maven The Glamourai recently posted about how she's been less than excited about the current offerings in stores...So, with that said, I am just going to keep talking about all my favorite accessories this season! Accessories make me happy, they are somewhat easy on the pocket book, and really they never go out of style.

M Designs is one of my FAVE, FAVE, FAVE jewelry designers. I have been wearing her pieces for years now. I first met the designer, Michelle when I was a buyer for Mark Shale. I had recently taken over the jewelry department, and I wanted to incorporate some new lines into our selection. My friend Mollie from Shopbop mentioned this line she was carrying that she couldn't keep in stock! I had to meet her and check out the line.

Michelle is an amazing woman, she's a mother of 2 and she left the corporate world after 20 years to raise her kids and pursue her hobby of fine art as a business. After taking a metal-smith class and selling a few of her pieces very quickly, M Designs was born!!!

When we met, I immediately fell in love with the line and Michelle was such a delight to work with. Working mainly in sterling silver and gold-filled materials, each item is stamped, aged and constructed by hand. It has a one of a kind look that is both unique and beautiful. What I love about her pieces is that you can wear them everyday and you can also layer them with other pieces and they look just as fabulous. This was my first purchase from her line it says " Be great in little things" in Italian. I love the chain link and the saying has been sort of a mantra for me.




She also does FABULOUS custom jewelry. Great for Mom's and Grandmother's...you can personalize a necklace with your child's name and still look stylish!!! She will work with each individual customer to get you exactly what you are looking for...














And here are some great pieces from her Fall 2009 line...










I am so fortunate to have met Michelle...over the years we have kept in touch even though I am not doing "business" with her. I am so excited to share her line with you! Here are a list of stores that you can purchase her items. or, you can also become a fan on FB to see her latest designs!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails