Tuesday, March 2, 2010

1969 was a good year.

This was the year Sesame Street Debuted, The Doors were in their prime, my mom graduated from High School and a small company called "The Gap" decided to open a store in San Francisco.

Since 1969 The Gap has evolved, expanded and developed into the empire that we know today. But, what has always remained the same is their dedication to denim. They may have strayed into other areas...shoes, accessories, lingerie. But, if we look back, the Gap is who brought to the forefront jeans that are affordable, stylish, and for the masses.

But, over the past 10 years the Gap's denim was not looking too hot. Enter Patrick Robinson, the Gap's new executive V.P. He saw that their denim was failing, and the fits were not where they should be. He did a major overhaul. He introduced a more "premium" denim that would compete with the 7 For all Mandkind, Joe's and Citizens of Humanity jeans...at a much lower price. The average pair is $60. In this recession, they have really found a window of opportunity for those who want the look of those jeans, but can't shell out the $200 to get them.

 I personally have been on a search for new jeans, and, I really do not want to spend $200 on them. I have probably $2000 worth of jeans sitting in my closet, most of the rises on them are too low, or I am not crazy about the wash anymore. I figured, why not check out the Gap? I had heard good things about the new line, so I decided to try them on for myself. I have to say, they are pretty amazing. They feel like premium denim, the fit is great. I personally love the Real Straight-lower rise, slim through hip and thigh and straight leg opening.




and I am sure you have heard they have kids premium denim now. We got our little guy a 
pair this fall and I absolutely love them. They were $45, which is high. BUT, they have an adjustable waist and come really long, meant to be rolled up. But as he grows, we can just unroll them. They are fantastic, and the wash is very, very cute.


Here are some of the Toddler girl jeans...I love the skinny white pair!




Cropped Boyfriend

Distressed Skinny

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails