Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Springtime baby and the swimsuit situation

So, you just had a baby. It may be your first, it might be your 2nd or even 3rd...bottom line, the last thing you want to think about is throwing on last season's bikini. We have all been through this before, and it's not a fun time. Trying on swimsuits post baby might be one of the worst things ever, especially in a department store fitting room with that TERRIBLE lighting.

Thankfully, one piece suits are chic, and there are so many silhouettes to choose from! Even if you don't believe it, there will be a style that is flattering and that will make you feel confident when you are running around after your little ones this summer. My best advice is to find some online, order a bunch and try them on at home. The lighting is WAY better, and truthfully it's always nice to have a 2nd opinion from a friend or husband.

Here are some of my favorites...

ok, did they have to put Adriana Lima in this suit? Geeeez...well, anyway, this DKNY suit has a really sexy silhouette that holds the "girls" in, and the ruching on the sides is always great for drawing the eye away from the tummy. I would do it in black for sure. On sale for $79!


My friend who just had a baby in February, brought this suit on a recent vacation. It is SO cute on. The plastic mannequin does not do it justice. It's actually a one piece, with tummy control! So no worrying about the top riding up. it is really flattering, and who doesn't love a good stripes? By Tommy Hilfiger on Zappos


This La Blanca one piece is a really gorgeous Melon color. I also love the bust line, for those of us who don't have much up top, it will give it the illusion that you do. Again, the ruched midriff is great and very flattering. 


This would probably be my pick, if I had to choose one. I absolutely love the color, and I prefer a strapless suit. There is also a tie-back detail, which makes it a bit more interesting. By Carmen Marc Valvo (he makes amazing swimsuits, I found a bunch online that were really pretty!)


Rosa Cha is a Brazilian designer known for her phenomenal swimwear. This one piece is a very stylish option. I love the one shoulder with lucite charm detail. They are not inexpensive, but the quality and style make it worth the investment. $225 on Nancy Meyer.


I just discovered this line of suits last night, and I fell in love with everything, especially this striped one piece. This suit by Kushcush is the perfect way to do Nautical this summer. How about that button detail on the neck? LOVE!

What do you think about one pieces? Any brands you love?

4 comments:

  1. I love the Gottex Profile tankinis so much that I own three. They have perfectly placed ruffles along the bottom of the top and top of the bottom and the perfect amount of "suck" in the stomach area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute options! I feel like I need one of these for the dreadful mommy and me swim lessons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey- one pieces are super sexy- forget the bikinis girls, those are sooo last year. Even if you're not post-baby they're a great option.
    Urban Outfitters has some really cute one-pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  4. man i just had the worse day of trying on bathing suits... probably b/c my belly is 34 wks pregnant, which equals- i shouldn't be wearing one!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails