Friday, August 20, 2010

Guilty Pleasure: The Fabulous Beekman Boys


Is anyone else watching this show? My husband and I recently discovered it, and it has turned into one of our favorites. (it airs Wednesdays at 9PM on planet green)

Brent and Josh are NYC transplants who purchased the farm in 2006 and have spent over 2 years meticulously refurbishing Beekman farm, mansion and grounds and have turned it into a real working farm. It is hard to believe the farm has been around since 1802, they did the most fantastic job restoring it to its original charm.

The dynamic of these guys is absolutely hilarious. As you can imagine, taking 2 city dwellers and throwing them into farm life is quite a sight to see. They have thrown their heart and soul into this, and it is fun to follow them on their journey.

Have any of you tried their products? The goat's milk soap and cheese seem to be some of their most popular items!



4 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this show! They crack me up and are so honest about their life on the farm. I wrote about them on my blog after getting sucked into a marathon on Planet Green. Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I need to add this to my weekly schedule. Looks like a great show- that soap looks divine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of this show, but it looks great! Reminds me a little of the story behind Vineyard Vines. Too bad we don't get Planet Green :(

    Anyway, so nice to meet you! Looking forward to reading more :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This show sounds so great...haven't seen it yet, but have heard so much about it, I even went to the website...looks right up my ally!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails