Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Thank you, Huntress!

We have lived in our house for 3 years now, and in that time we have not touched our Master Suite. I am feeling like it needs some major TLC, or I may go crazy! We are keeping the furniture, but I really would like to do something to the walls, change our bedding and maybe recover a chair? I have always loved the idea of using Navy...a favorite color of mine and a color that my husband is okay with as well.

My most talented, chic and design minded friend, Amy was so kind to put together some inspiration for me. I am loving these 2 the most. What do you think?





Would use the duvet from this...



Hudson Park Collection from Bloomingdales


and I love Amy's idea of throwing in some pop of color like pink or yellow. A budget friendly way to do this would be with pillows or some side table lamps



















so cheerful, LOVE this yellow lamp by Target

and maybe even a pop of light blue?




And against the dark navy walls, wouldn't this mirror really pop?




I would love your feedback! Any great ideas are welcome...


8 comments:

  1. Looks great, Mel!!!! Cant' wait to see what you do :)

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. so funny-jared and i went into z gallerie on monday to see that mirror in person for our bedroom! it's awesome, and a lot bigger than i thought it was going to be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's going to be gorgeous!!! Love, love, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it all!!! I think navy with accents of bright colors and white is perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the idea of the white on navy. Crisp, clean and sophisticated. Definitely go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You should look at the navy wall paint at Nell Hills. It's the PERFECT shade of navy and against white trim...love.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Sarah, I totally forgot Nell Hills had paint!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mel, the navy paint at Nell Hills is amazing (my sister brought home a sample of it the other day)!!! You have plenty of natural light in that room- I think it will look incredible!! Love the idea of some pops of color too...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails