Friday, March 11, 2011

Lust List: Mollie from Mascara Meets Matchbox

Mollie and I have known each other for almost 10 years now! We both worked in the same retail store together in Chicago. Many years, new cities, new jobs and a few babies later we have remained friends through it all. I am so glad Mollie decided to write a blog, she is always full of great fashion and mom inspiration. Thanks Mollie for guest posting!


When Melanie asked me to guest blog while she's on vacation, I thought....fun! 



The topic?  My 'lust list top 5' for spring. 


Easy enough....except I have WAY more items than 5!  Materialistic?  A little.  But at least I admit it. 

These are the things that I think I 'need' for Spring 2011.....and you might 'need' them as well.  I am branching out from my stand-by shops (J Crew and Shopbop.com), and discovered that Nordstrom has it all!




First up, this Trouve sandal.  Gorgeous, wear with anything (although I'm thinking some cropped/boyfriendish khaki's & a loose tank, topped by a more fitted jean jacket), and not too pricey at $119.   Well done, me!



Second, a maxi skirt is in order for spring.  This one is by Splendid, who lately can do no wrong in my book. Early spring, worn as pictured, and later into the summer with a looser racer-back tank in a pop of color - thinking neon pink or limon with my Havaianas.


Next, not just for this spring pretty much each spring season has me wanting something a little nautical.  I love blue & white and red & white stripes in a tank, a jacket, shorts.........something.  However, these unusual stripe combos caught my eye, and I love them both - again by Splendid. 


On to #4, I am still loving the rose gold trend.  I am hoping that it sticks around and becomes a basic in metals, because I feel like it goes with everything.  These Argento Vivo textured leaf earrings are so 'me.' 


Finally, it's always my opinion that there's nothing like a new handbag to make you feel good.  Since everyone's all about the cross-body bags these days, I searched for my favorite.  This one by B. Makowsky is perfect in both blue metallic fabric and tan metallic fabric (I couldn't choose which I liked more).  Both colors make a great daytime bag, have a detachable strap, and LOTS of pockets.  Yay!


For the rest of my list, head on over to my blog (Mascara Meets Matchbox) and click on 'spring 2011' in my topics.



Thanks Mel for letting me grace the pages of your blog - you have always been one of MY fashion inspirations! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails