Monday, March 21, 2011

So Easy and So Good

When we were in Naples we went to a fantastic restaurant called Cafe Lurcat. They are a Minneapolis based restaurant and this is their 2nd location. I have been to the one in Minneapolis, so I had high hopes for this one as well.

We were so impressed from start to finish. We had a darling waitress that led us in the right direction for everything we ordered. She suggested we try theApple, Cheese and Chive salad to start, she mentioned it was one of their most popular items. You would think that something so simple would just be OK, but let me tell you it was DELISH.

The salad is made of Apples very thinly sliced, manchego cheese, olive oil, salt and pepper and fresh chives. It is absolutely refreshing and the combination of the buttery manchego and the crisp sweet apples (we used honeycrisp) is incredibly good. We decided to duplicate this salad this past weekend and it turned out just like it did at Cafe Lurcat. I had googled the recipe and found THIS as well as the image that I posted.

It is SO easy to make and our toddler loved it too! It will definitely be a staple for us this summer.

4 comments:

  1. This looks and sounds so tasty! Thansk for sharing, Mel. I'm copying the recipe down right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds so refreshing! I will def have to try that recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am totally trying that. I loves me some Honeycrisp apples. YUM!!!

    merci,
    Shan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I for sure am going to try this! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails