Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Spring Lust List: Sally from A piece of toast blog

I am thrilled to have both Sally and Molly the sisters behind A Piece of Toast Blog guest posting this week. Sally babysat my son Julian for the first year of his life, and we miss her dearly; as she has moved to Dallas. I love her slightly bohemian/preppy style, and I was very much looking forward to her lust list for Spring. Here are Sally's top 5 items for Spring...

With spring comes many exciting things: longer days, beautiful weather, fresh flowers, brightly painted nails, and last but certainly not least: concert season. This May I am heading to the beach with a group of friends for the Hangout Music Fest (http://hangoutmusicfest.com//). Three days of good music, good weather, good foods, and great friends is my idea of heaven. There is nothing that I love more in the spring and summertime that going to outdoor concerts and music festivals. Now, with this concert coming up in May also comes a certain kind of wardrobe. You can't wear just anything to a three day music festival and outfits must be carefully planned for comfort as well as some serious hipster cuteness in there. I have already been scoping out my picks for the upcoming concert and am dying to share them.


I love this block print tunic by Calypso and I think that it would look so perfect with a pair of light chambray shorts I got from Anthro last summer. These Free People shorts are absolutely screaming my name. Just the right amount of girly. I think I would throw a baggier grey cotton t-shirt on with these and my longer box chain necklace and call it a day. I have been drooling over these J.Crew Quorra sandals ever since they came out, not only would they be perfect for the concert but all throughout the summer as well. But, for those concert days when your feet can't take much more. Havaianas are definitely the best bet! And wouldn't some Essie Punchy Pink toes and nails look quite nice? Especially with a Gorjana leather wrap bracelet, I have been lusting after these guys for-ever. NO day is complete without my Ray Ban Caravan sunglesses. I own too many sunglasses for my own good, but these are my absolutely favorite pair. I can't go anywhere without them! Lastly, a purse to hold your things yet not get in the way of dancing, drinking and eating. I love a cross body for concerts and my Marc Jacobs Petal to the Metal bag I got last year will be perfect.

LINKS:


Calypso tunic-



Free people shorts- \


Ray Ban -


J.Crew Quorra
 Sandals-





Marc Jacobs Petal to the Metal Pouch-


Essie's "Punchy Pink"-





Gorjana Graham Leather Studded Wrap Bracelet-






Havainas Flip Flops-












1 comment:

  1. I have been eyeing that Marc Jacobs bag for awhile! Might have to surprise myself soon!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails