Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The windy city inspires...

I have so many things I want to post about since I got back from Chicago. I wasn't OVERLY successful in the shopping department, but I did find a few cute things. I am hoping to get to that post tomorrow. We had an amazing weekend, it went by too fast. As it always does...

dinner and drinks at Jayme's house

snuggling with Baby Tyler. He was the SWEETEST baby!!!

Spending time with your best girlfriends might be the best therapy that you can do for yourself. I feel recharged and I was so glad to get back to my family (after a very long and scary day of traveling home Sunday night). I left feeling sad, I really miss Chicago. I miss it for the energy, the people watching, the abundance of things to do and also the way that you can be inspired, just by walking down the street.


A great landmark, the water tower on Michigan Avenue via my canon rebel t1i


view of the Hancock from Michigan Ave via my canon rebel t1i

I wasn't brave enough to photograph anyone on the street, although I wanted to. Despite chilly temps, people in Chicago still work it in the style department. What I noticed is that it was all about the boots, handbag and coat. Hip winter weather accessories were an added bonus. Every girl had an oversize cross body bag, it made me lusting after something big and leather with a flap. I saw a few fur trapper hats that were awesome!

I happened upon a Chicago street style blog, and I thought I would share some of her images, this sums up what you see when walking through downtown Chicago...








2 comments:

  1. I'm a new reader of your blog and I absolutely love it!

    It looks like you all had a fabulous time in Chicago! Such a great city, and like you, I have lots of friends living there. Always an excuse to visit :)

    http://anorthernaccent.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. My best friends and I are going to NY for our 40ths in the spring. Can't wait. Someday I will get to Chicago too :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails