Thursday, August 11, 2011

Rugged and Lace...

I have been wanting a chambray shirt for 2 seasons now, but everytime I try them on I think back to 1996 when I was wearing one layered with a turtleneck and oversized Abercrombie and Fitch sweater. ugh. It just leaves a bad taste in my mouth!

When I saw this image, it had me inspired. I love the pairing of a rugged denim shirt with a super feminine skirt. Now THIS is a look that I could totally wear and feel comfortable in...


I adore these 2 options to complete the ensemble. Denim shirt by Madewell...


And this Haute Hippie Rhinestone lace skirt is GORGEOUS and 50% off! $217.50





3 comments:

  1. That madewell shirt is an almost exact replica (minus darling elbow patches) of the one I wore in 96 with my Gap Khakis and white crewneck t. I may have to order this one and find a new way to love the chambray shirt. You always share the best of the best Melanie! Thanks!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable cloths! I think I may have to pop on over there to check more out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this chambray, but i'm with you - i'm SUPER hesitant to wear chambray! too many flashbacks to big flannel and big bangs.......i do love it with the lace skirt.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails