Friday, March 9, 2012

Super (model) Mom: Meet Andrea

I am so excited to be featuring Andrea on the blog today! She is a mother of 2 (and 1 on the way!) who designs a gorgeous line of children's clothing and accessories called A La Modish. Every piece she makes just oozes cuteness!  Here is a little bit about Andrea and what inspires her...

Grew up:  Texas and Oklahoma
Living:  Lexington, KY for the last 13 years
Family:  Husband--Jeff (married 7 years), Son--Gavin (6), Daughter--Sabrina (almost 4), Daughter--"E." (due this April!)
Graduated:  University of Kentucky with a Bachelor of Business Administration in Marketing in 2001
Started sewing:  When my daughter was 6 months old.  Realized that I always wanted to change patterns around to suit my taste and eventually A La Modish was founded!
Passions:  Yard-saling in old neighborhoods, reading fiction books, designing pretty things, watching The Amazing Race, random acts of kindness, and my weekly date night with The Mister.



1.) What is your "uniform" or your daily go-to items? 
MAC Viva Glam VI lip gloss is a staple!  I have recently ventured into the realm of liquid eyeliner and am loving it!

2.) Whose style inspires you the most? 
The icons of the 1950's, like Ms. Hepburn, definitely inspire my personal style a great deal.  I get really excited when I come across a pair of super fabulous screw-back vintage earrings.

3.) If you could raid one celeb closet, whose would it be?
 
Probably Angelina's.  I like how she pulls of vintage styles with ease and wears them with such confidence.  Remember that emerald green gown with the shoulder pads? Love!

4.) if money were no object, what would you like to splurge on at this moment? 
 A super-couture handbag.  Like a really big one with fancy hardware and zippers that slide as smooth as silk.

5.) What is one item in your closet that you will never part with? 
My first pair of expensive heels.  I bought them for myself when I landed the job that I'd been working so hard to get.

6.) What are your favorite "budget" items? 
I definitely frequent Target for my kids' basics like turtlenecks and tees.  I absolutely love HomeGoods for picking up cool, affordable accessories for my home.

7.) What are your top 3 beauty items you couldn't live without? 
My eyebrow pencil.  My nail file.  Dental floss (Does that count as beauty?)

8.) What do you most love to splurge on for your kids? 
I admit it.  What I don't spend on myself for shoes anymore, I spend on my daughter.  She's got some NICE shoes that she only wears a few times before she outgrows them.

9.) What trend do you most look forward to for Spring 2012? 
As I am a vintage-lover at heart, I tend to stay away from trends and stick with classics.  But for THIS coming spring, I'll just be excited to get out of maternity clothes :)

10) What are your top 3 favorite style blogs to read? 
 Well, Scout-a mom's guide to stylish living is certainly at the top!  Thank you for combing the world over for good fashion so we don't have to!

Thank you Andrea! I am excited to NOT be wearing maternity clothes soon too!

1 comment:

  1. This are very inspiring series!! Being a mom should be overrated!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails