Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Cheap and Chic: Fave drugstore makeup

I am typically not a drugstore makeup kind of gal. Not that I have anything against them, I just hate not being able to try on the colors! As you know, how it looks in the packaging isn't always how it looks on.

Then, the other day I decided to give a Revlon lipstick color a try. The packaging caught my eye (kind of similar to Chanel, no?) and the colors looked decent. I bought the Colorburst Lip Butter in Cotton Candy. It's a soft pink that definitely is more sheer. But it's the perfect everyday color. $6.50 at Target.


I liked the lipstick so much, I decided to get some glosses. These are the colorburst glosses in Strawberry(left) which is a really pretty watermelon pink. And then Hot Pink on the right, which is definitely a HOT pink. It's more of a color I would wear out in the evenings. Also around $7 at Target


I am also loving their nail polish! I don't think I have bought Revlon nailpolish since high school. This color is called Minted. $4.99



and if you follow me on Instagram, you would have seen this color I posted. It's called Cherry Bon Bon and it's scented! For real...it's kind of wild. I found this at CVS in Chicago, haven't spotted it here in KC though...

What do you think of Revlon? Yay or nay?



8 comments:

  1. i have almost have all their lip butter colors and i wear them everyday! LOVE~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing posts about cheap great makeup-thanks.....glad to have found your cute blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found ya! I have a lipgloss addiction so I'll be trying your suggestions:) New follower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. just discovered your blog and love it!
    check mine out and follow me back?

    http://allthingsprettyandlittle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in LOVE with Revlon's Lip Butter!! I have it in 3 colors and its my new go-to. My fav colors are Tutti Frutti (best orangey-red ever), Creamsicle, and Creme Brulee.
    I also love Revlon Colorburst lipstick in Soft Nude combined with Revlon Super Lustrous lipgloss in Peach Petal for the PERFECT nude lip.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the recommendations.. think I might try these out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. loving the cherry bon bon...can always use a good red!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice to be visiting your blog again, it has been months for me. Well this article that i’ve been waited for so long. I need this article to complete my assignment in the college, and it has same topic with your article. Thanks, great share. Christian T-Shirts Amazon

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails