Friday, June 8, 2012

Hidden Gem in KC: The Fashionista Exchange

I have driven past the Fashionista Exchange a million times and had always been intrigued by it. I finally looked them up online and decided that I needed to clean out my closet and part with some items I had been holding on to. What I have learned is that if you haven't worn the item in a year or 2, you really won't be wearing it again. Unless it's an investment piece, just part with it...and make room for some new items in your closet!

I loaded up 2 bins and took them into the shop. The owner Danielle quickly scooped up my baby and allowed me to shop and look around as they assessed the items I brought in. The best part about the Fashionista Exchange is that they compensate you right there, on the spot. They will give you either 30% of what they can sell the item for (in cash) or 50% store credit. There is no appointment necessary, just bring in your clean, current and cute clothing!
If you are looking for good deals, it's also a fabulous place to shop. Everything I looked at was mostly under $30 and in excellent condition. They also had some designer items with tags still on them, like this grey Club Monaco beaded shift dress. The designer items were priced higher, as to be expected but they were still affordable.


She has everything from clothes, to shoes and a fun selection of accessories. I spotted this Hermes scarf and almost fainted. It's a steal at $49!


I of course didn't leave empty handed, I got this fun printed blouse for $9.50

 and this really pretty white tank with pleating and ruffle detail $24

Do yourself a favor and visit the girls at the Fashionista Exchange located at 8777 W. 95th St.
(95th & Antioch next to the Paul Mitchell school)
Overland Park, KS 66212 913-341-2537.

If you are interested in selling items, just call them ahead of time to make sure they are still accepting merchandise.


12 comments:

  1. Ohhh, much closer than Clothes Mentor, which is usually where I go. But I do make a TON of cash each time I go - around $100 each time. Will have to check this out. I have a bag in my car right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are back to blogging! I can't tell you how much your blog has helped my wardrobe! You are my "secret weapon". I learn so much from you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet! I am glad that you have gotten some good tips from the blog :) I am so happy to be back, I missed the blog world!

      Delete
  3. yay!! thanks for the info, i live about an hour and a half away (Manhattan---Go KSU!) is it all high end stuff?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no, not high end at all, really! average price points were $15-$20. I only saw a few higher end items. It's worth checking out, for sure!

      Delete
  4. Such a great idea! Thanks for sharing!
    Xx
    Krystal

    www.krystalschlegel.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also love the images you put in here. They fit so well with what you're trying to say. Im sure youll reach so many people with what you've got to say.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i was looking for crucial information on this subject. The information was important as I am about to launch my own portal. Thanks for providing a missing link in my business.

    ReplyDelete
  7. よいニュースは、決してよいニュースです!GUCCI 多くの少女が全て心の形形状の装飾品が好きだと考えて、その上暖まって、人に感じることは加護に保護されられる!グッチ 財布現在、これは最新のGucciの財布です!創意がとてもあって、デザイナーはこの種のタイプを設計して、心配りや配置などに念が入っている!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Natural herbal extracts medicinal value not only can be used in the medical field and the chemical field

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everybody knows, Christian Louboutin Sale in the world of fashion design of a high-end designer shoes brand

    ReplyDelete
  10. モンクレー ダウンというと、本当に独特なブランドのことがありました。monclerということはフランスのヒマラヤに近付いたGernobleの小さい街のMonestier de Clermontから出来上がりました。この日から、登山向けの服を生産するRene Ramillionは第二世界戦争に服を提供するために、フランスの有名なLionel Terrayと知り合いになりました。1952年、カナダから国へかえってから、Rene Ramillionと見合わせました。それで、二人は一緒に世界のファッションブランド品を生産することにしました。ですから、今、モンクレール ジャケットを作ってくれました。さらに、あの日から、Moncler Mokaがすごく人気になりました。

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails